Still 'trying to put the water in the heads of decision makers'. I have delivered more than 230 keynote lectures, invited lectures, guest lectures and invited conference presentations. Some were interesting, some were boring...but they were always my best effort to transfer some of my knowledge to others. If you are interested I am providing on this page a selected set of recent lectures.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), The Beauty of Resilience - Leaving the Chamber of Risks, invited lecture, Chaucer Seminar, That calls for Understanding Risk", Chaucer, Copenhagen, Denmark, August.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), Evolution of Statistical Downscaling Research at the University of Western Ontario - From K-nn Weather Generator to Physically Scaling Method , invited lecture, International Workshop on Application of Statistical Downscaling Methods at All Scales, APEC Climate Center, Busan, Republic of Korea, June.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), Quantification of Resilience for Water Resources Risk Management , , Risk 2016, 10th International Conference on Risk Analysis, Crete, Greece, May.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), Quantification of Resilience to Water Scarcity, a Dynamic Measure in Time and Space , keynote lecture, 7th International Water Resources Management Conference of IAHS ICWRS, Bochum, Germany, May.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), Practical Resilience Metric for Analyses of Infrastructure Systems , guest lecture, Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, April.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2016), Mapping extreme rainfall statistics for Canada , invited lecture, Friday Forum, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, Toronto, March.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), IDF Curves for Future Climate Scenarios , invited lecture, Workshop on projection of extreme precipitation to support infrastructure design, Environment Canada, Toronto, November.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), Systems Engineering Approach to the Reliability of Complex Hydropower Infrastructure , keynote lecture, XXI Symposium of the Brazilian Water Resources Association (ABRH), Brasilia, Brazil, November.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), Overview of Climate Change Research at FIDS - Western University , invited lecture, Hohai University, Nanjing, China, May.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), Global Modelling of a Changing North: A System Dynamics Approach, invited lecture, High North Workshop, London, May.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), Managing Natural Disasters in a Changing Climate: Methods and Tools for a Systems Approach , invited institute wide lecture, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, March.
- Simonovic, S.P. (2015), Intensity-Duration-Frequency-Curves Under Climate Change Tool , invited lecture, Civil Seminar, The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The University of Western Ontario, London, March.
Many videos of the lectures are available now from my channel on the YouTube.